Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Scenery Work Begins

 Scenery Planning and Track Painting 

Chalk lines placed for locating scenery elements 










Work resumes on the Herrin Micro after a long break to work on other projects. 

I painted the track first with Rustoleum Camouflage Brown. I also used wooden ties to fill in the gaps where tracks were connected during track placement.




The next step is to locate scenery elements for the layout directly onto the baseboard. I use a white pastel pencil to scribble the location of pavement and the chain link fence that crosses the track and extends across the road. I also used letters to locate which areas are pavement or dirt. 


I will be using lightweight spackle for the pavement using a technique by Mike Confalone on his Allagash model railroad. 


Until next time, 

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment