Friday, February 26, 2021

Ground Cover and Backdrop Update





Ground Cover Scenery Work:


Started applying scenery texture to the baseboard. I'm using a mix of tan and brown unsanded grout for the dirt. The mix is about 8 parts tan to 1 part brown. I recently ran out of my supply of Monster Model Works Diorama Dirt, so I needed to create a substitute. I'm liking the unsanded grout a lot.

The grass areas are just a base coat of Woodland Scenics blended turf. It gives the baseboard a finished look, but the scenery layers are far from finished. I'll be adding static grasses and other various textures to the scene before it can be called finished. 



I'm using foam core for the backdrop. I'm building the structures from foamcore as well. I will also laminate printed images directly to the foamcore buildings.


Until next time, 

Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment