Monday, April 5, 2021

Scenes on the Herrin Micro


 







June 1968

The New Maytag Trackmobile
June 1998

June 1998 

June 1998 

One of the most satisfying parts of the hobby of model railroading is the completion of a layout. The Herrin Micro started in May of 2020 and was completed in March of 2021.  Overall, my initial plans came together with little need of modifications. Originally I wanted to have the fencing run perpendicular to the backdrop, but the Walthers kit only had two gates. A second kit purchase would have been required to be able to place the fencing the way I had originally planned it, so I changed my plans and ran the fencing parallel to the backdrop. A minor compromise.

With the Herrin Micro completed, I will now be working on weathering rolling stock and the Trackmobile to enhance the realism of the layout. The lessons learned from building the Wetterau Food Services Micro Layout helped to streamline the building process of the Herrin Micro. This was a fun and enjoyable layout build. I look forward to sharing it at a future train show.

Thank you for following along with the project!

Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment