Saturday, May 23, 2020

Baseboard Design

I have been working with Sketch Up to create the design of the Herrin Micro foam core baseboard along with the foam core clips that connect the sections together.  Please keep in mind that I am a novice at using design cad and I am sure there are a few errors in my work.  I would have used my hand-drawn sketches, but they are not "sharing worthy," aka not legible to anyone but myself!

Feel free to modify the measurements to suit your micro layout needs.  I would suggest keeping end sections of the baseboard no wider than 24 inches.  Multiple connecting clips may be needed for widths wider than this.

The Baseboard:

baseboard top



The Underside of the Baseboard:

underside of baseboard




Placement of Clipboard and Support Braces:

be sure to keep the 3/4 inch end braces accurately spaced to 1 1/2 inches



Tail Track Baseboard Sections:

tail track tops

clip connection brace locations















angle view (3/4" end braces are 1 1/2" in from edge) 




Right-side Clips (x2)  [1.5 x 8 inches]

Top view of right clip (x2) 







Left-side Clip (3.5 x 8 inches)

left-side clip


left-side clip



Please leave a comment if you have any questions about these designs.

Thanks!
Tom

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting project. I like micro-layouts. Well done Tom

    ReplyDelete